We are currently seeking a Journeyperson Lineperson to join our team.
- Assists with installation, operation, maintenance and repair of overhead and underground electrical power lines and systems. Such work is generally performed overhead.
- Assists in the construction, operation, maintenance and repair on distribution facilities.
- Assists with service calls concerning power outages and electrical power line problems.
- Receives training both in book/classroom skills and on the job skills. Must continue to pass ongoing training to proceed to higher skill/job levels.
- Operates motorized equipment, use hand tools, and perform routine maintenance on electrical equipment, machinery, and tools. Performs janitorial duties on equipment.
- Follows safety guidelines as part of training.
- Stocks and services vehicles to be equipped to respond to emergency situations.
- Works nights, weekends and holidays for extended periods; required to perform duties as part of recovery force during emergencies and disasters.
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works with energized parts or equipment.
- Works in all temperatures and will be exposed to nature, ie. irritating plants and biting or stinging insects.
- Will be exposed to traffic.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, jackhammers, chain saws and other equipment with proper hearing protection.
- Work will be performed at varying heights above ground, in manholes, and/or in confined spaces.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to walk, climb, and work from ladders, or at various heights, on uneven and slippery surfaces, performing mentally/physically demanding work under unfavorable weather conditions while handling equipment or material.
- Must have no fear of heights.
- Must be able to identify the hazards on the job.
- Must have own hand tools and climbing gear at the time of hire.
- Must have mental cognition to solve problems.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver heavy weights of up to 50 pounds on an frequent basis, but up to 10 lbs weights on a continual basis
- Must be able to climb a power pole using climbing hooks and belt. Must be able to drive all vehicles assigned to the line crew, operate digger derrick to set poles, and use jackhammer, etc.
- Must be capable of pulling, pushing, bending, stooping and kneeling on a frequent basis.
- Must have sufficient eye sight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools and assist other line repairers.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight (8) or ten (10) hour day according to the schedule. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during holidays, emergencies, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work.
- Must be able to meet and maintain weight restrictions for bucket truck as identified by truck manufacturer.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must pass a background check as required by contract.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
|Stooping||X||Range of Motion||X|
|Kneeling||X||Hearing - Speech Range||X|
|Body Twisting||X||Color Vision||X|
|Sense of Touch||X||Carrying||X|
|Seeing Distant||X||Climbing Ladders||
|Climbing On/Off Truck||X||Climbing Stairs||X|
|Gripping||X||Lifting up to 10 lbs||X|
|Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs||X||Lifting up to 50 lbs||X|
|Rarely = less than 10%|
|Occasionally = up to 33%|
|Frequently = up to 66%|
|Continuously = 67% to 100%|
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language:
English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: