Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS), a California Corporation, is a full-service engineering & design, construction management, and program management organization. The firm has grown steadily in size and capability since its founding in 1987, and today employs more than 85 professionals in our regional offices. KKCS has attracted to its staff a full complement of highly experienced, talented, and dedicated professionals who bring a collaborative, integrated team approach to our clients’ projects.
KKCS experience includes work on rail, airports, ports, freeways, schools, universities, facilities, water, wastewater, bridges, and roadways. Our client list includes federal agencies, state agencies, regional agencies, and private clients. KKCS has broad experience and expertise in engineering design, project management and project controls services.
The KKCS culture is rooted in the ideals of integrity, safety, diversity, and ethical business practices, which is a commitment shared by all KKCS employees throughout our offices and project sites around the country. We have a positive impact on the communities we serve by not only improving infrastructure but also providing service at a relatively low cost to the taxpayer. This allows for more money to be available to the agencies we serve, that inevitably will be reinvested in the community. At KKCS, we value the individual employee and the importance of their contributions toward quality improvement.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
KKCS is seeking an experienced environmental planner for a full-time Assistant CEQA Project Manager position in Los Angeles, CA. Responsibilities of the Assistant CEQA Project Manager include preparing public notices, reviewing technical and environmental studies, as well as performing administrative tasks to support projects related to educational facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares public notices such as Notices of Exemption, Notices of Preparation, Notices of Intent to Adopt, Notices of Availability and Notices of Completion
- Prepares meeting materials and provides support at public meetings and hearings.
- Coordinates and attends internal meetings and meetings with outside stakeholders.
- Reviews technical studies and environmental documents prepared by outside consultants.
- Reviews local development projects that have potential to impact schools.
- Performs administrative tasks in support of projects such as issuing work authorizations, reviewing invoices, and tracking budgets/schedules pertaining to CEQA reviews of client’s projects.
- Performs mitigation monitoring at construction sites.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three (3) years full-time, paid, professional experience in environmental planning; preparation of environmental planning documents and/or the environmental review process
- Experience must include basic proficiency in the CEQA process and related Federal, State, and Local environmental policies and regulations
- Knowledge of CEQA and related Federal, State and Local environmental regulations required
- A degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Studies or related field is strongly preferred.
- Post-graduate degree in Environmental Planning or a related field may compensate for up to two (2) years of the required experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company matching
***PLEASE APPLY WITH RESUME***
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.